LOKI LAUFEYSON ♈ TRIVIA [8/10]
1. Loki, based more traditionally on the Norse mythology version (he even had red hair), appeared in Golden Age comics, with no connection whatsoever to Thor or any of his arcs. His first appearance in Venus #6 was retconned when he appeared in Journey Into Mystery for the first time.
2. Once, he turned an entire street in New York into ice cream.
3. He’s the inspiration for the name of a recently discovered dinosaur. The dinosaur had a beak, large curved horns, and a collar, so Michael Ryan, the man who discovered it, decided to go with the name “Medusaceratops lokii.” He makes a point of clarifying that the inspiration was Marvel’s Loki, not the Loki of myth. “If you look at the way they draw Loki in the original comic, he has this big helmet with these two giant hooks that come out of the top. I thought it made a great name.”
4 To prepare for his role as Loki in the 2011 film, Tom Hiddleston trained in the Brazilian martial art of capoeira, because Kenneth Branagh “wanted Loki to have a lean and hungry look, like Cassius in Julius Caesar. Physically, he can’t be posing as Thor.”
5. Loki’s original costume was a green onesie, a golden horned helmet, topped off with a pair of scaled, gold granny panties. (He wasn’t going to let Thor outdo him with his retro thigh-high boots.)
6. Loki wears eyeliner and black nail polish.
7. In the film Thor: Tales of Asgard, Loki tries to save Thor from the Valkyries, jumping in as Thor is about to meet his death at the hands of Brunnhilde with a loud and proud, “ATTENTION, WENCHES.”
8. The only person Loki loves more than himself is his brother, Thor.
9. In one timeline, Guardians of the Galaxy’s Earth-691, Loki has taken up residence on the moon.
10. Though his fanbase likes to apply the fanon attribute of loving “pudding,” to Loki, in canon he is rather terribly fond of breakfast meat, especially bacon. According to him, “bacon really is magic.”